9.02.2008

Labor Day Weekend

Zach and I decided to take a mini vacation to California for the three day weekend. On with the show.

So, here is a really scary bird we met on the pier in Oceanside with a wingspan of approximately 37 feet. I made Zach get uncomfortably close to the creature for a picture, naturally.
Labor Day Weekend 08 001

Labor Day Weekend 08 002

We also went to Carlsbad which is just a few minutes away and much less crowded where we frolicked on the beach, because honestly have you ever tried going to the beach and not frolicking? It's like impossible.

Labor Day Weekend 08 005
Labor Day Weekend 08 007
Labor Day Weekend 08 008
Labor Day Weekend 08 010
Labor Day Weekend 08 014
Labor Day Weekend 08 015

This is also where I met this little guy and fell in love because apparently I was really obsessed with birds this trip.
Labor Day Weekend 08 012
I think it dates back to when my cousin Chad and I would study my grandma's bird books and then go outside and try to identify various species; but we grew bored with all the sparrows and started to identify all birds as California Condors because they fascinated us. In the book their wingspan crossed two pages. In fact just talking about this is making me so excited that I googled the majestic California Condor for you all to admire:
Layout 1

Sooo, anyway. On Monday we didn't really know what to do, until Zach said, "Hey let's go to Disneyland." And I replied, "OKAY!!!!" And this was my expression the whole time we were there because I was in a magical place.
Labor Day Weekend 08 019

I get super excited and star struck when I see the characters, much to Zach's embarrassment. Deep down he gets excited too, I know.
Labor Day Weekend 08 022

Here are some other things that defined our "Labor Day Trip 2008":
  • White cheddar Cheez-Its and hot tamales
  • A semi large tiff about me almost losing my wedding ring (maybe this wasn't the first time)
  • Yummy burritos from a really not clean restaurant at about 11:30pm
  • Talking Zach out of buying some really ugly sandals that he's still bringing up
  • Laughing to the point of exhaustion and wondering how it's possible to have this much fun with one person.

Labor Day Weekend 08 016

9 comments:

Jason and Kristy said...

I am so jealous, you guys look like you had so much fun! I love Disneyland.

Anonymous said...

Those pics of you two frolicking in the surf are unbelievably cute. I want to hug a giant Pooh Bear!!
Looks like you had a blast--hooray for Disneyland trips sans children. I'm sure they have a whole different (carefree) feel to them.

Michelle said...

Tim and I have decided that you 2 are the cutest couple on the face of this earth.

I would glady die in the puffy secure paws of Pooh.

Anonymous said...

Your beach pictures are amazing. What kind of camera do you have?

Malia said...

Lol to Michelle's comment. You 2 really are the best couple. I'm glad that you got a fun vacation in and especially Disneyland!!

Erica said...

Chelise I have a Canon Powershot. I love it, but it's definitely just a point and shoot; but that's all I can handle.

Ashley Rae said...

Those pictures are amazing. I love the ones of you guys jumping on the beach. The best. And I am such a freaking nerd when it comes to Disneyland, too. I cried last time I went because I was so happy. Wait- did I just reveal too much embarrassing information?

Yay for you guys and your sponteniety.

Case said...

FUN! hey, my family was at disneyland on monday too, did you see them? Anyways it looked like you had fun and I always love childhood stories of you and chaddy. I actually talked to him today cause I ran into one of his haitian friends at the temple who was singing chads praises still. Anyways, I'm in deep love with boston. We need to talk soon. wuvs meow.

PA-lurker said...

I love your talent for blogging. You and your mother are so damned good at things like this.

And reading about your trip made me remember the first four carefree years of my own marriage, when we didn't have kids, had plenty of time, and thought we were the richest people on earth because we made $30,000 between the two of us. Good times.