9.22.2010

Honeymoon's Over

I have now been married almost 2 ½ years. I had to check my math on that because recently someone asked me when I got married and I said 2006, which is funny because I got married in 2008. I guess this means once you are married you lose all track of time; which is why I now go to bed at 9:00pm like a senior citizen I guess? Facts. Marriage time science facts.

Anyway now that we’ve been married for over 2 years some of our newlywed sparkle has worn off. When this is especially apparent, one of us says “honeymoon’s over.” Here are some examples:

When we were staying at my grandma’s last year Zach got deathly ill in the middle of the night and violently vomited numerous times in the bathroom. After he stumbled back into bed, I found myself cleaning my husband’s puke off the toilet, while dry heaving, at 2:00AM. Honeymoon’s over.

The other night I was lounging on the couch in what I considered a very comfortable position. One leg happened to be resting up on the back of the sofa. Zach walked in, “Do you mind not sitting like a man?” Honeymoon’s over.

honeymoon_VintageColors_4
Our actual honeymoon, May 2008; before vomit-cleaning and mannish sitting.

9 comments:

Malia said...

Lol lol lol

angiedunn said...

bhaha. cleaning up vomit = true love.

Chris said...

Yep, it's def over when you have to clean up after they are sick. Has Zach had to buy tampons for you yet? lolol

hanner said...

ohhh we've been married for about the same amount of time, but i did vomit cleanup the christmas BEFORE we got married when my husband got the 24-hour flu. we weren't even engaged yet! that was a challenge. and then when i got it the next day (from him), he just let my mom and dad clean up after me. sad face.

EEK said...

It is all downhill from here...

Michelle said...

lol lol 2006?

You go to bed the same time I do.

Michelle said...

p.s. CUTE pic.

KDot said...

I, too, was married in 2008. I, too, have cleaned my husband's vomit off of the toilet, walls and floor. He wasn't sick, he just hasn't the learned the lesson that drinking 10 beers does not sit well with his 31 year old body.

I still love him. :P

Heidi said...

lol! Cute pic!